Well, we've reached the 1st February, the start of Spring and I got all fired up and decided to do some sowing for Pea Shoots and planting of Potatoes in 2 litre pots.
Most of the potatoes had sprouted in their storage bags and were those I'd grown last year but I also planted a Lady Christl and a Maris Bard I got from the Hampshire Potato Day, hopefully for some nice early Potatoes.
I potted on 2 pots of Apple Mint and a Polyanthus that I'd brought into the polytunnel when I saw them start to make some leaves a couple of weeks ago. I like to put a few mint leaves in with my Salad Leaves and get a nice minty surprise.
Well, it's 2017 and I didn't get to do anything to my blog on my previous website last year as I'd hoped.
I'll endeavour to keep on top of this one!
The reason I am not adding to my previous website is because Weebly now has 'Responsive Themes' which don't work on the older websites, so I've started a new one.
Yesterday, I started to remove the spent hotbed material from the west hotbed inside the polytunnel.
This was originally built in 24th February of 2015 and because I've been limited by a hip replacement I didn't build any hotbeds in early 2016, With the help of a pal doing the shifting, I just added about a 18 inch layer to the existing one last January, which wasn't that effective. It had a lot of wood shavings in it which didn't decompose enough as it couldn't get hot enough to have a really good 'burn' It will still be useful as a 'surface mulch' though. I'll add some pictures tomorrow.
Retired, I have a 9 rod Allotment with a Greenhouse and a Polytunnel and love growing food.